This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning and living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor The Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
1 – The practice
Body Fix Injury Clinic based at 5 Baytree Court, Burnham, Bucks, SL1 8BH, which hereafter for the purpose of this privacy notice will be referred to as Body Fix, is pleased to provide the following information:
2 – Who we are
Body Fix diagnose and treat health conditions. Treatments are carried out in accordance with the Governing Body of your specific practitioners professional body. Please contact Body Fix if you wish for more details.
3 – Personal Data
- For the purpose not providing treatment, Body Fix may require detailed medical information. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment. When you visit our practice, we will make notes which may include details concerning your medication, treatment and other issues affecting your health. This data will always be held securely and will not be shared with anyone not involved in your treatments, although for data storage purposes it may be handled by pre-vetted staff who have all signed an integrity and confidentiality agreement. To be able to process your personal data it is a condition of any treatment that you give your explicit consent to allow Body Fix to document and process your personal medical data. Contact details provided by you such as telephone number, email addresses, postal addresses may be used to remind you of future appointments and provide reports or other information concerning your treatment.
- For marketing purposes, Body Fix may also use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact and emailing information to you which the practice believes may be of interest to you.
- In making initial contact with the practice you consent to Body Fix maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Body Fix may occasionally act on behalf of its patients in the capacity of data processor, when we may promote other practitioner based at our premises, who may not be employed by us. Body Fix do not broker your data and you can be removed from our marketing database by emailing or phoning the practice using the consent details provided at the end of this privacy notice.
- Some basic personal data may be collected about you from the marketing forms and surveys you complete, from our records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Body Fix will only collect the information needed so that they can provide you with the services you require. Body Fix will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We will only pass on your personal information if we are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us with your request. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
4 – Legal Basis for processing any personal data
To meet our contractual obligations obtained from explicit Patient Consent and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided.
5 – Consent
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Body Fix processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
6 – Disclosure
Body Fix will keep your personal information safe and secure, only staff engaged in providing your treatments will have access to your patient records
7 – Retention Policy
Body Fix will process personal data during the duration of any treatment and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you, such as erasure details. Records concerning minors who have received treatment will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25.
8 – Data storage
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. Body Fix does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Also all companies Body Fix affiliates with for the purpose of a diary or payment software adhere to the GDPR regulations. For more information on the companies used by Body Fix please contact us directly.
9 – Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Body Fix are in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Body Fix refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request Body Fix can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
10 – You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Osteopaths) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Osteopaths and information about these interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
11 – To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Body Fix will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Body Fix is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to email@example.com or by phoning +44 (0) 7825232134 or writing to us at the address in point 1.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Body Fix you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.